Here are a couple sketches from the aborted “Bat-Man” project with Azzarello. Initially conceived as a First Wave title, I wanted Robin to be the son of Wu Cheng from the Blackhawks — fuck you, Chop Chop — sent to be raised in the US by Bruce Wayne. Get some pulp in that juice.
- Morgan Freeman: we only use 10% of our brain
- Me: ... this sentence only uses like 20% of the alphabet
- Morgan Freeman: what if we used 100%
- Me: "the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog"
- Morgan Freeman: at 22% she can control her cells
- Morgan Freeman: at 48% she can control matter
- Morgan Freeman: at 63% --
- Me: NO STOP THERE'S NOTHING LEFT, YOU JUST TOLD ME SHE CAN FUCKING CONTROL MATTER
- Me: THOSE ARE DR. MANHATTEN'S POWERS AND HE WAS BASICALLY GOD
- Me: ... what happens at 100%
- Me: ...
- Me: ....
- Me: (goes to see movie)
Anonymous said: You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?
"I always ask that of all my prey. I just like the sound of it.”